|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Scranton applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Instruction Language:||Arabic, English||Language Prereqs.:||Advanced Arabic|
|Language Courses:||Arabic/Advanced||Fields of study:||Business Administration, Communication, Communication/Media Studies, History, Internships, Literature|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Eligibility-Class:||03 Second Semester Sophomore|
|Credits/Term:||12-18||Program Type:||Foreign University Progam for International Students|
|Housing Options:||Home Stay||Meals/Dining:||Meals with family|
CIEE Advanced Arabic Language Program in Amman, Jordan
Take your language skills to the next level with CIEE’s Advanced Arabic Language program in Amman. Our Jordanian professors work with you on reading, writing, oral production, and comprehension so that you can take courses like history and religion in Arabic. Homestays or Arabic-only apartments, peer language assistants, excursions, and volunteer opportunities all contribute to your ability to develop your Arabic skills to new levels.
Study abroad in Jordan and you will:
- Develop high levels of proficiency in Arabic language
- Enroll in Arabic language subject courses on history, culture, literature, media, and business communication
- Work with a faculty mentor and develop Arabic writing skills through an advanced writing and research course.
- Visit museums, theaters, and galleries; take day excursions to famous archaeological sites, and an overnight trip to Petra
- Innovative mid-semester Arabic language rural retreat
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.