|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Scranton applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Instruction Language:||English, Spanish||Language Prereqs.:||No prerequisites|
|Language Courses:||Spanish/Advanced, Spanish/Elementary, Spanish/Intermediate||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10385Fields of study:
|Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, History, Internships, Management, Marketing|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Eligibility-Class:||03 Second Semester Sophomore|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10386Program Type:
|Foreign University Progam for International Students, Internship Component|
|Housing Options:||Home Stay, Residence Halls||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10395Meals/Dining:
|Meals with family, Prepare own food|
CIEE Business and Culture Program in Barcelona, Spain
In an increasingly globalized economy, international experience and understanding of foreign markets, and practices is essential. Advance your Spanish language skills while pursuing a degree in Business in the dynamic capital of Catalonia.
Through a partnership with ESCI school of business, you’ll explore issues related to business within the context of Spain and the European Union in classes with local students, taught in English or in Spanish. Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced level Spanish student, studying abroad in Barcelona offers you challenging coursework, homestays, company visits, internship opportunities, and a variety of cultural excursions and activities that give you insight into international business and a unique intercultural experience.
Study abroad in Barcelona and you will:
- Learn Spanish or build on the language skills you already have
- Take classes with local students at a reputable business school
- Explore the region of Catalonia through 3 day trips and enjoy a weekend trip to another major Spanish city (Madrid, Seville or other) through CIEE planned cultural activities
- Explore the city with CIEE Guardian Angels (local students who help you get oriented and make the city feel like home)
- Get credit and real work experience through an internship
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.