AIFS offers two separate programs in Paris, France, allowing students to choose between focusing more on the study of French language or on their chosen electives. By including your tuition, housing, meals, airfare and cultural activities in one guaranteed price, AIFS makes it simple for you to live and study in Paris and experience all that the City of Light has to offer.
Enjoy cafes and restaurants throughout the city with your AIFS meal allowance. Experience the culinary side of French culture with wine tasting and cooking classes. Explore France's artistic and architectural heritage with visits to world-class museums like the Louvre, d'Orsay and Pompidou Centre, and monuments like the Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower and Notre-Dame.
En route to Paris, all students visit the exciting city of London. In France, AIFS also offers excursions through Normandy and to the Chateaux of the Loire Valley. Semester students at the Sorbonne will spend 2 weeks in Cannes for orientation.
Program at a glance
Institut de Langue et de Culture Françaises (ILCF)
- 3-week January term Study Abroad in Paris, France
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 required (lower GPAs will be considered on a case by case basis)
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, a meal plan, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional AIFS flight package available.
- Earn 3 semester credits
- No previous French language study required
- Courses include a choice of Art History or French Fashion, both taught in English
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Comprehensive Insurance and assistance package
- Transcripts issued by Institut de Langue et de Culture Françaises and Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne
The ILCF is a department of the Catholic University of Paris, a well-known and highly respected private university approved and recognized by the French Ministry of Education. Founded in 1948, ILCF is an establishment of intellectual and research excellence. It welcomes 2,500 students every year from all over the world who want to learn French and take courses to become acquainted with French culture and civilization in a French environment. The J-term (Intersession) program offers an Art History course in Architecture taught in English.
Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne (CCFS)
The prestige of the Sorbonne is matched by few educational institutions. A centralized institution from its foundation until 1968, the Sorbonne is now one of the dozen or so independent units of the University of Paris. Dating back to 1919, the Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne has the status of a private institution for the teaching of French as a foreign language and courses about French culture and civilization. The J-term (Intersession) program offers a Fine Art course in French Fashion taught in English.
View the January 2022 AIFS France brochure here